The Life Sciences Department’s Bioinfo4Women Program will be inviting all BSC staff to attend the Meeting with Women Leaders, which will take place on Friday, October 8th, from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. The objective of this meeting is to provide an opportunity for BSC staff to informally converse with six women leaders who have distinguished themselves in their respective fields (academia, industry, and politics) over a cup of coffee on the BSC-REPSOL building terrace. The women who will be participating in this event are as follows:
- Victoria Alsina, Minister of Foreign Action and Open Government, Government of Catalonia
- Karina Gibert, Full Professor at UPC, co-Founder and member of the board at IDEAI-UPC, Vice-president of Equity and Ethics at COEINF.
- Gemma Lienas, Member of the Catalan Parliament for equality and feminism.
- Carme Valls, Politician and physician specialized in endocrinology with a gender perspective. Director of the “Women, Health and Quality of Life” program at the Center for Health Analysis and Programs CAPS.
- Núria Vergés, Directorate General of Care, Organization of Time and Equity at Work.
- Elisabeth Zapata, Distinguished Technologist at HP.
This meeting has been organized to provide a platform for BSC staff to gain insights from these accomplished women leaders and to foster conversations about important issues in their respective fields. We hope that this event will contribute to creating a more inclusive and diverse environment at BSC.